Thursday, December 10, 2009

Liquid or pencil eyeliner for a smokey eye?

my prom is tomorrow and i am doing the smokey eye look for my makeup. i have never done it before and i don't know which eyeliner to use. and also if anyone could give me any tips on what colors to do besides like a black/gray, it would be great. my dress is emerald green if that helps. thanks so much!Liquid or pencil eyeliner for a smokey eye?
to be honest i use both ;] I'm a darker skin tone so making it dramatic without it looking ';drag queen'; its all in the blending. But i also lovvveee how a cream pencil works. its GREAT precision and blends soo amazing.





[Can you tell I love liner? ] lol





I'd advise playing around tonight with a few looks and compare.


check out youtube there's amazing vid tutorials.





hope you have a great prom ;]Liquid or pencil eyeliner for a smokey eye?
I recommend you to go on youtube and watch Michelle Phan's smokey eye tutorials. She is AMAZING, she really knows her stuff and I guarantee you will be pleased.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asys1yIOn鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zupy7R4uR鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCnJ8B0Ay鈥?/a>
If you want it to be quite dramatic, than use liquid liner, but pencil blends easier for a softer look. And if you don't want to use black/gray, try using a dark, like plum purple color. Or even brown.
I like liquid for the line cause it last forever and a day. But the pencil is good for smudging it... sometimes I dip the pencil into the liquid and use it that way, works great too and last longer.
Pencil can be smudged for a smokey look. Liquid is too precise, so it looks more fierce, not sexy.





Glad I could help! :D
i'd say pencil liquid would look very perfect to perfect
Pencil... and a smokey purple eye would rock with your dress.
liquid stays on longer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin